Saturday, April 30, 2016

7 things you should always take with you for car-camping



If you've been wondering for these last 2 days (well at least yesterday and part of today). I have been camping in a state park around an hour from my house. It was so fun! We had s'mores, I slept well, and everything. So I am by no means an expert at camping but here are 10 things you should always bring if you ever go camping (or at least car camping)!

Ok first let me get straight what "car camping" means. You can find a good definition here. But pretty much it is camping in a tent in a designated place with your car right there. So you can bring all of your stuff in a car and then you don't have to walk it a long distance because you're car would be a couple feet from your campsite.

1) S'mores!


Well not actually s'mores but the ingredient for s'mores. So chocolate, gram crackers and amazing marshmallows. Because as one of the people I was staying with said "If you are camping without s'mores then you're really just homeless". And being homeless is not good at all.

2) A good sturdy tent


This should be a given for camping but hey you never know. The tent is going to be your home so you need a good one. You can get lots online or at your local outside kind of shop. 

3) Comfortable walking/running/hiking/tennis shoes

Wherever you are camping whether is it by the beach, in a desert,  or in the jungle you are always going to walk around a little. So because of that you need some good shoes. Before hand make sure that the shoes you are bringing are comfortable and good for that kind of stuff. 

4) Some weather appropriate clothes


Again a big given. You should always bring the right clothes for wherever you are going. My advice is to check it before hand and see what the weather is going to be like when you are staying. 

5) First aid kit


It doesn't even have to be an elaborate one. But you still you should bring some bandaids and cleaners and that kind of stuff. Something is bound to happen and you don't want to be unprepared. 

6) Matches


If you want to start a fire and have a fire pit you kinda need something to start it. So you should bring matches. They bring warmth they cook and a much of other stuff. Well actually the fire does all of those things but the match starts it. 

7) Lantern/Flashlight


late at night and you need to see you need something to light your way. You can get some small flashlights for really cheap and they work quite well. Also when telling ghost stories you have to have a flashlight to make yourself look more ominous. 











12 comments:

  1. Great tips -I once forgot to bring a torch, lets just say it didn't turn out well!

    Got a new post onmy blog and I would really like it if you could spare some timeto check it out:
    http://unicornsnarwhalsandme.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/filling-empty-hole-on-this-blog-holes.html

    -Ines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ines! Ya that would not work out well at all. Haha. I'll totally check out your new post! Thanks for checking out mine :)

      Delete
  2. i never had car camping if i have i should take them

    jess x | wellwellgirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Totally! Thanks for commenting Jess!

      Delete
  3. You can never camp anywhere without s'mores <3 HAHA great post Nabila, this is too cute! I've never done car-camping at all, but I HAVE camped with my family and for a school trip with my friends to go stargazing in an observatory haha. I just love camping! Lovely post!

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! It is like a official rule of camping. You must always have s'mores! Thanks Jillian! It's cool you went star gazing! Was it awesome? I know, camping is awesome!

      Delete
  4. Here are 7 things that you are telling us, but where are the other 3 things?-_-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry Angelita! That was mistake on my part that I have now fixed.

      Delete
  5. I never had car camping, but I will remember these if I am going on a car camping :) Nice post dear !! x
    www.ambiinwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! Thanks Ambi! By the way the flower you have as your profile picture is pretty :)

      Delete
  6. Is car-camping not the same as actual camping? If so, I've never actually been camping.
    -Dani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the definition of camping is literally just vacation where you stay in a camp, tent, or camper. So yes car-camping is a kind of camping. Unless of course you are actually just sleeping in a car with then it is not car-camping.

      Delete

01 09 10