Sunday, April 17, 2016

5 Reasons Why "Star Wars : The Force Awakens" and "Star Wars: A New Hope" are the exact same!


Hello people and welcome! On Friday I finally watched the new star wars movie The Force Awakens! There has been a lot of buzz about this movie! My dad and my sister went to see it opening night. But I finally just watched it yesterday. As I stated watching it with my family I immediately noticed something it is almost the exact same as the first movie. Now now I'm not saying that there not good movies. They are amazing movies! But they have a lot of similarities. A little to many to not be noticed. Here are five of the similarities.

"But Nabila! They have different characters and time periods and everything!" That is true but the theme is very very very similar. It is like when a blogger copy's another bloggers post and puts it on there blog (new place) and changes up the words a little (new characters).

*note* There will be spoilers so if you haven't watched the movies and don't want any spoilers just scim or go to another post :)

The Force Awakens Summery:


Thirty years after the defeat of the Galactic Empire, the galaxy faces a new threat from the evil Kylo Ren  and the First Order. When a defected stormtrooper named Finn crash-lands on a desert planet, he meets Rey , a tough scavenger whose droid contains a top-secret map. Together, the young duo joins forces with Han Solo to make sure the Resistance receives the intelligence concerning the whereabouts of Luke Skywalker , the last of the Jedi Knights.

*note* the summery is from google for both of these

A New Hope Summery:


The Imperial Forces -- under orders from cruel Darth Vader -- hold Princess Leia hostage, in their efforts to quell the rebellion against the Galactic Empire. Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, captain of the Millennium Falcon, work together with the companionable droid duo R2-D2 and C-3PO to rescue the beautiful princess, help the Rebel Alliance, and restore freedom and justice to the Galaxy.

----

Similarities


1. Family! Both Rey and Luke have had there family taken away from them when they were very little and know little about them. Luke at the beginning of A New Hope has to live with his uncle and aunt and knows very very little about his father or mother. Rey at the beginning of The Force Awakens is living on her own. But she remembers as a little girl her parents being taken away. 

credit

2. Mentor like, father like guy. Both Rey and Luke meet a mentor like figure that without, the story would never had worked. For Rey it is Han Solo. They both love machinery. Kilo Ren even taunts rey by saying Han was "the father she never had". He is definitely not a mentor but they are very very similar and without them meeting Rey couldn't have gotten anywhere and eventually probably would have died. For Luke it is Obi-Wan Kenobi. Without them meeting Luke probably would have just staid in that dessert doing nothing or you know died. He was the one that introduced Luke the the whole jedi thing. 

credit

3. Evil master organization! *Laughs hysterically!* I get it a lot of movies have evil organizations but these two are so similar! For A New Hope here is the evil Galactic Empire. They rule by force. There are storm troopers and cadets and a bunch of other stuff. For The Force Awakens there is the The First Order! Pretty much the exact same thing. Thy both have the same image and status and ya. Pretty much everything.

credit

4. Kylo Ren and Darth Vader: 

  • Both have creepy masks and want to cover there faces.
  • Both are super strong Jedi.
  • Both used to be good but turned bad.
  • Both have sour connection with family.
  • Rey even says that Kylo wants to be like Darth Vader but is scared that he will never be good enough Although I think he is). 
credit


5. Humongous planet like weapon things. Aka for A New Hope there scary planet The Death Star! They must make up a plan and hit this exact spot to blow it. Of course after turning off the force field. But for The Force Awakens there is the Starkiller Base. They must also blow it up by hitting an exact spot but before that turning of the force field. Even the name are a like! The only differences between the two are that one is bigger and is ice and one is smaller and is jungle. That is not a lot!

credit




Do you like star wars? Have you watched The Force Awakens? Have you watched A New Hope? Did you like them? What did you like? Do you agree with me in saying they are very very similar?










11 comments:

  1. Hmm... well, I don't know. It's been awhile since I've seen A New Hope, but I defintely agree that Kylo Ren is just a sad copy of Darth Vader (although I have read Emo Kylo Ren tweets on Twitter, which are just hilarious). What do you know-- like grandfather, like grandson. Kind of wondering who Rey's parents are, because if the writers do something with her parents, then they definitely need to make sure that it isn't a pure copy of what happened to Luke. Great post!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen A New Hope in a while either (like a year). Kylo Ren is so a copy of Darth Vader! There are so so many ways they are a like. I could probably list a lot more. Haha. Ya I guess it runs in the family. Like Kylo looks up to Darth Vader or something. Cause I mean who wouldn't look up to there grandparents if they had awesome powers? Ever since I watched the movie I have been wondering that exact same thing! Who in the world are Reys parents? At the beginning it points to Han Solo and Leia but then towards the end it points more toward Luke. Oh my gosh if they do make it an exact copy (with I'm pretty sure they won't) I'
      ll have to scream and do a whole rant on it. Thanks Morning!

      Delete
  2. Thanks Diana! I'm really happy you like it :) I would love for us to follow each other! I followed you on google but I don't have an Instagram and I'm not sure what GFC is. I also followed your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a super-interesting post Nabila - I haven't actually seen any of the Star Wars films, but my sister has and she agreed with a lot of your points.

    I was wondering whether you could check out my blog sometime, because I love yours Nabila!

    - www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! I'm happy you thought it was interesting! Really? I recommend you try some of them. There really great movies! Well I'm happy your sister agrees. I'll totally check out your blog Lexie! I quite like it. Thanks Lexie!

      Delete
  4. I'm a huge Star Wars fan and have seen people point this out before, it's so true! Apparently there's going to be a training movie vibe in Episode 8 similar to ESB so it'll be interesting to see if the entire trilogy reflects the original one!
    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go fellow star wars fan! I am so hyped for episode 8! It's cool there going to put a training vibe to it. That's always pretty fun. It would be both weird and interesting if they actually did do that!

      Delete
  5. I read somewhere that J.J Abrams intentionally made The Force Awakens similar to a New Hope to create a new generation of Star Wars fans, especially those who have never seen it. Like me. Hahaha! The Force Awakens was my introduction to the franchise and it was pretty darn impressive <3

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also read that and believe it. But the thing is why couldn't they just make a new generation of star wars fan with an original idea? It would probably (hopefully) still be awesome! Right? I did love the force awakens though! It was awesome :)

      Oh ya and hey bash!

      Delete

01 09 10