Monday, January 25, 2016

The Land of Stories: A Grimm Warning

I  have not done a book review in a while and so I have decided to do one. When I read the First Land of Stories book I loved it. So when I saw the 3rd and 2nd one at the library I had to get it and this review is one of the 3rd book.
I might have gotten a little carried away with special effects. 


A Grimm Warning by Chris Colfer 

Corner Bailey thinks he won't have anymore adventures and that his life will just be normal. But when he goes on a class trip and finds a clue left by the Grimm Brother long ago it sets him off on a journey to crack a case that started 200 years ago. 

Meanwhile Alex Bailey is training to be the next fairy godmother. But is she really up to it? Her spells keep going the wrong way and people don't seem to appreciate her. 

The twins must fight together with family and freinds to defeat the enemy that they have no odds  of defeating. Nothing can prepare them for the hard battle ahead. 
------

This book lived up to my expectations not to say the least. The way the author writes I really like,  how he points out what is happening while giving what the characters are thinking makes it both funny and interesting. There is a lot of heartbreak and sadness in this story but also a lot of fun and just plain weird parts.  

I probably would give this book a five except for one reason. In some parts I think the author goes way too fast over things. He doesn't really explain how the characters or feeling or anything like that. This doesn't make you confused at what is happening or anything but it annoys me when she does it. I know I just said I how I like his writing but at parts it seems rushed. 


If you have read this book or any of the books in the series I would love to talk to you about them in comments. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10